Elizabeth T. McIlvaine
- Western Australian Institute of Technology – Design
- University of New Mexico – BFA Drawing, Art History Minor
- Bard College – MFA Painting
CEO – Liz McIlvaine Studio, 1997 – present. Philadelphia, PA and Columbia County, NY.
- Working with artists, architects and designers on projects in textiles.
- Making paintings and photographs.
- Designing, producing and marketing bags
Head of Collections/Registrar – The Fabric Workshop & Museum, 1990 – 1997. Philadelphia, PA.
- Wrote and was responsible for carrying out national and regional grants, including the IMS.
- Housed and catalogued the Workshop’s contemporary Art Collection of over 3000 Objects.
- Directed numerous fundraising benefits, events and gallery openings.
- Directed gallery installations.
Project Manager/Master Printer – The Fabric Workshop & Museum, 1983 – 1988. Philadelphia, PA.
- Managed Artist’s projects and the production of art objects.
- Directed apprentice program.
- Teacher – IS 183 Art School in the Berkshires, 2007. Lenox, MA
Textile Design – The 4 Way Repeat. / Children’s Summer Classes.
- Professor – Tyler School of Art, 1989 –1991. Philadelphia, PA.
Fabric Pattern and Image, a course for beginning, intermediate and advanced textile majors..
- Professor - Parsons School of Design, 1989 – 1990. New York, NY.
Textile Design for Industry, a course for advanced fiber majors.
- Teacher – Devereau Institution, 1989 – 1990. Paoli, PA.
Taught emotionally disturbed teens to silk screen tee shirts.
- Teacher - Copeland Run School, 1988 – 1990. Downingtown, PA.
Taught 3, 4, 5 and 6 year olds painting and drawing.
- Member – The Spring Gardens Steering Committee, Philadelphia, PA
- Former Clerk – Fundraising Committee, Old Chatham Quaker Meeting, Old Chatham, NY
- Former Member – The Abode of the Message Family Council Steering Committee, New Lebanon NY
- Former Member – Fundraising Committee, Flying Deer Nature Center, New Lebanon, NY
- Former Member – Lebanon Valley Business Association, New Lebanon, NY
- Former Member – Lebanon Valley Farmer’s Market, New Lebanon, NY
- Former Chair – Columbia Berkshire Craft Guildl, Chatham, NY
- Former Chair – St. Peter’s Church Peace and Social Justice Committee, Philadelphia, PA